The Boudie-logistics, baby!
- Where are you located? Michiana Boudoir is located at 214 South Main Street Suite 3; Elkhart, Indiana 46516. We’re in the same building as The Vine restaurant in lovely downtown Elkhart.
- What hours is the studio open? Boudoir Sessions are available on Fridays and Saturdays by appointment only. Lingerie Boutique is exclusively online and the lingerie is not stored at the studio.
- How do I book my Session? Click this link to purchase your Session and I’ll email you with a list of current openings!
- I would like my photos to be a gift for my significant other. How far in advance should I book? Plan for your Session to take place a minimum of three weeks prior to your gift giving occasion. Michiana Boudoir is usually fully booked 4-6 weeks in advance but it really depends on the time of the year.
- Do you include lingerie? Michiana Boudoir does have a lingerie closet clients can borrow from. I still recommend you bring your own favorite pieces along with bra sets and strapless for additional support under lingerie. You are welcome to bring more outfits then needed for your Session and I’ll help you narrow it down.
- How can I view my pictures after the photo shoot? A: You will view your retouched images as soon as one week after your Session at your private Peepshow (ordering appointment). Your significant other is welcome to attend the Peepshow.
- Do you shoot motorcycles or vehicles with your clients? A: No. I don’t shoot outside, I only take pictures in the comfort of my studio because mother nature is a fickle bi%#h.
Money, it makes the world go around love!
- What is the cost? The Session Fee starts at $149 and includes too much list here! You can read all about it at this link.
- Do you need a deposit to reserve my photo shoot? The Session Fee is required to schedule your photo shoot.
- What forms of payment do you accept? I accept cash, credit cards, and Paypal Credit. I can also set up an interest Payment Plan if you would like to break up your payment over time instead of in one lump sum.
- I’m not sure I feel comfortable spending money on myself, is it ok if I’m on a budget? I totally understand. That’s why I offer payment plans to make a boudoir portrait experience manageable for any budget. This is an experience that you will cherish for your lifetime and you’ll be able to look back at your pictures and cherish the memories and experience for years to come.
- What if I want a product you don’t offer? You get the duplicate digital image file of any picture you purchase, so you’ll be able to create whatever you want with your digital files.
- Are all my Digital Images included in my Photo Shoot? No, all Digital Images can be added on for an additional price, view the complete price list here.
- Can I bring someone to the viewing? Yes, you may bring 1 person with you to the Peepshow (viewing and ordering appointment).
- Will I be able to purchase more from that shoot in the future? We do one Peepshow per photo shoot, we only keep the images you purchase.
- Do you work with models? Not in the traditional sense. I don’t pay anyone to work with me and I don’t give anyone free pictures to shoot with me. Even when I run a Model Call I still get paid for the pictures, I just provide a free Session. Generally, I only do Model Calls 3-4 times a year when I need to fill a last minute opening.
Privacy, for whose eyes only?!
- Can my images be kept private? All images are kept private unless the client signs an image release form. The women on the Michiana Boudoir website and social media accounts have given permission for me to share their images in hopes of encouraging other women to reward themselves with the Michiana Boudoir experience.
- Who will be there during my session? The only people in the room for your session will be myself and you, the client. If you do bring a guest, they are welcome to sit in the makeup room (within hearing distance) during your actual session (limit 1 person).
- Is the photographer a female? Yes, I am the photographer and I am a female.
Other concerns, I’ve got more issues than Vogue!
- What if I don’t like certain areas of my body? I’ve never met a client who loved every part of themselves, it’s natural to feel nervous or self conscious. Regardless of your age or body type, great posing and digital retouching techniques will be utilized to make you look your best. If you have a particular concern please make me aware so I can pose you accordingly.
- Do you shoot plus size women? ALL the time, click here to see a great post in the Michiana Boudoir Facebook group that made me ugly cry talking about it.
- I’m not a lingerie type girl. Can I still do boudoir? Absolutely! Lingerie is not the only way to look and feel sexy. You can do a boudoir shoot wearing a sports jersey, robe, button-up, etc. Learn more about wardrobe options at this link.
- What if I don’t like my pictures? After photographing women since 2010, I’m confident that you will be thrilled with the finished product. However, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied you may opt out of purchasing additional photos.
- Do you do nude pictures? Yes, but only tasteful images and I require genitalia be concealed via posing or a blanket or cleverly placed plant Austin Powers style.
- What if I’m too nervous during my Session? Honestly, it’s just a matter of having faith in yourself. As crazy as it sounds, no one walks through my door 100% confident they are going to rock their Session. It’s scary AF, for sure! The anticipation really is the worst part I swear. Once your sit in the makeup chair and my team starts working their magic you will start to relax and within five minutes of shooting you will wonder why you worried to begin with. I know it’s hard to believe but it’s SO TRUE. So have faith in your self and have faith in me. I’ve been doing this little thing since 2010 and everyone I shoot leaves happy.
I still have questions…please feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.